Traveling with your CPAP equipment is very easier today. Designed to be lightweight, portable CPAP machine will prove to be an easy travel companion no matter where you travel. Due to their power supply, most CPAP devices can be used all around the world, on an airplane and in the great outdoors. This makes traveling with your equipment, comfortable, easy and relaxed. Just the way it should be.
Fits your outdoor lifestyle – Enjoy the outdoors and love to go camping? Now you can, even with your portable CPAP machine. Most CPAP devices come with converters allowing your device power source in boat, car or other vehicles that has a suitable battery. In addition, most devices operate with an external battery source which provides back up power in case in power outage.
Perfect for air travel – Now there is no reason why your CPAP therapy should keep you from a good night’s sleep and flying-away. Thanks to the convenience of portable CPAP machine, the sky is the limit, when you want to travel and to see more of what world have to offer.
Before traveling with your CPAP equipment, you should:
- Get clearance form the airline to your tour portable CPAP machine on a flight at least two weeks before traveling.
- Organize to sit near a power source.
- Confirm the type of adapter or power cord used by the aircraft.
- Carry a letter form you doctor.
- Pack the right adapter for the country you are traveling, because power outlets are different in each country.
- Before packing your humidifier, make sure there is no water in.
- You can use your portable CPAP machine on the plane, but not the humidifier, as turbulence increase the risk of damage the device and water spillage.
- When you arrive, use deionized or distilled water to fill the humidifier.
- You may not have a power socket near your bed in the hotel room you will stay, so tack an extension cord in order to use your equipment comfortably.
The following information should be within reach:
- Your mask size and type
- Your treatment pressure
- Your health insurance
- Contact details for your CPAP supplier and care provider
- Information about your doctor.